Tankless Maintenance & Repair Services
Horizon has been around for over 30 years serving the greater DFW metroplex with outstanding service. We are the tankless water heater experts of DFW, and have serviced 25,000+ homes across Dallas/Fort Worth with general plumbing services, as well as 5,000+ tankless water heaters.
If you need your tankless water heater maintained, repaired, or replaced, we’re the experts for you.
The Tankless Experts
Schedule Appointment (Fast Response)
Need to talk to someone now?
The Importance of Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
Not only does a tankless water heater reduce water heating costs by as much as 50 percent, you’ll never run out of hot water. A tankless water heater also lasts longer than a traditional tank heater. In fact, it can last up to 20 years or longer with low energy costs if its properly maintained. This translates into a tankless water heater offering a significantly greater return on investment which considerably covers its higher initial cost.
Aside from a few steps on how to maintain your tankless water heater you can do on your own, it’s a really good idea to have a licensed plumber take a look at your tankless unit once annually.
No one likes repair costs. Maintenance is the solution to that surprise expense. Some companies even have a program you can take advantage of that benefits homeowners with services that minimize the risk of any potential breakdowns. There are also a few tips to maintaining your unit before you need to call a plumber.
Horizon offers a protection plan for both tanked and tankless water heaters. Benefits of the plan include yearly check-ups and replacement of bad components, giving you peace of mind, and helping to ensure that your water heater will continue to provide service for years to come. Don’t wait for a costly break, keep your home investments in shape.
Learn How to Turn Off the Electrical Circuit to the Heater
Check the Wiring
Clean the Screen
Flush the Unit
Nearly all tankless water heater manufacturers recommend their units be flushed at least once per year to eliminate mineral buildup. Some units will give specifics on how often they require flushing. The flushing process takes about one hour. This is a multi-step process, and you will need some basic supplies for flushing the unit:
- 5-gallon bucket
- Pond or sump pump
- 2 sections of a garden hose with connectors
- 5 gallons of white vinegar
- You will want to turn off the water supply valve that feeds cold water to the water heater and the main hot water valve that sends hot water to your home’s fixtures.
- Connect one end of a 6-foot garden hose to the outlet of a pond or sump pump. Connect the other end of the hose to the cold water isolation valve. Connect a second hose to the hot water isolation valve. Tighten the hose couplers with a wrench.
- Place the pump and the open end of the second hose into a large bucket. Fill the bucket with 5 gallons of clean white vinegar.
- Open the hot and cold valves on the water heater and turn on the pump in the bucket to circulate the vinegar through the heater for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the pump and let the remaining vinegar drain from the water heater through the hoses into the bucket. Close the cold water isolation valve.
- Dump the vinegar and place the open-ended hose back into the bucket. Turn on the cold-water supply valve and let the water flow into the bucket for five minutes. Close the cold-water supply valve and disconnect the hoses.
- Turn on the hot water supply valve and then the cold-water supply valve. Open a hot water faucet in the house to remove any air from the hot water lines.
- Check for any leaks in the connections.
- Turn on the circuit breaker for the water heater. Test for hot water at the faucets.
Comparing Water Heaters?
Are you in the market for a new water heater and contemplating the purchase of a tankless model? It’s a good idea to speak with a professional plumber who can give you the facts, figures and details of both tank and tankless models to help you determine the best option for your household. Call Horizon Plumbing today to get answers to all of your water heater questions at 817-461-1117.
We Service All Makes and Models Including:
See What Our Customers Have To Say About Our Service
“Great service and reasonable price. They were professional and very cognizant on making sure they kept it clean. Other plumbers I’ve had in the past were messy and didn’t care if they stepped in dirt and then my floor, but not these guys. I would highly recommend them.” – Hesham S.
“Very impressed by these guys. I needed my 12 year old water heater replaced and the two gentlemen knew exactly what to do and didn’t try to sell me on extra stuff I didn’t need. Great service and very reasonable pricing compared to other quotes for water heater replacement. I will certainly recommend these guys.” – Tory Smith
Your Local Plumber
- Water Heater Installation & Repair
- Water Softener Installation
- Water Filter Installation
- Faucets and Sinks Repair & Replacement
- Drains and Sewer Unclogging
- Camera Inspections
- Slab Leak Repairs
- Leak Location & Repair
- Maintenance of Plumbing Fixtures and Appliances